AUGUST 24-26, 2018 | MATER DOLOROSA RETREAT CENTER, SIERRA MADRE, CALIFORNIA
The Cave of the Heart is an ancient metaphor for the realm of the sacred, dwelling inside each of us. Through story, symbol and Scripture we’ll journey to this blessed place, where we can connect once again with the wildness of the Divine. The goal of this spiritual exploration is to allow us to live more fully, freely and happily amidst the complexity of today’s challenges. Cave of the Heart I is the first of three, unique standalone retreats.
This weekend will allow plenty of time for rest, reflection and solitude in the foothills of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains above Sierra Madre.
Most rooms are single occupancy, with a few doubles available. There are a limited number of handicap accessible rooms, please contact Karen Judson to discuss your specific needs
Retreat cost $400 | $175 deposit due with your registration | $225 balance due by July 1, 2018
Email Karen Judson to make your reservation. Note: This is a popular retreat and the rooms fill up quickly
About Mater Dolorosa retreat Center
Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center is located in the beautiful foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Sierra Madre, CA. The Retreat Center is located on approximately 83 acres at an elevation of 1,200 feet. The topography includes open fields, manicured gardens and rugged mountains, which rise sharply behind the Retreat Center.
The facility consists of the main retreat building, the Chapel and a support building which houses a separate apartment for use by private individuals. The Retreat Center offers:
- 66 Single guest rooms equipped with a twin XL bed with all bedding, desk, guest chair & lamp and private bathroom with shower. Towels and soap provided.
- 20 Double guest rooms equipped with two twin XL beds with all bedding, desk, guest chair & lamp and private bathroom with shower. This also includes 3 Handicapped accessible guest rooms. Towels and soap provided.
- Chapel with seating for 110 people
- Dining Room with seating for 110 people
- Outdoor Stations of the Cross
- Monastery Gardens which includes the Garden of Seven Sorrows, Sacred Heart Plaza and the Amphitheater
- Amphitheater seats 100 people
Retreat House Cancelation and refund policy:
We are required to adhere to the cancellation guidelines of the retreat house. Please make a note that there is a cancelation fee of $60 and no refunds after July 18, 2017